Garmaine Staff asked 3 years ago

I'm replacing a recessed medicine cabinet, which is slightly taller than the previous one and does not fit into the existing hole. I need to reduce the height of the existing frame by a quarter inch (at its largest, hole isn't perfectly even).

enter image description here

What tool(s) should I use to do this? Is the safest thing to just sand the bottom?