I have a light on a dimmer that flickers so I was going to remove the dimmer and put a regular single pole switch. I've changed switches before so I'm familiar with changing switches when the power goes to the switch or the power goes to the light. I was a bit confused by what's going on when I turned off the power, opened the switch and saw the following (image included):
Two 14/2 cables coming into switch box:
- Two blacks from both cables are twisted together with yellow nut
- Two grounds from both cables are twisted together. The first red from the dimmer is taped to the grounds (behind the orange nut on the left)
- The second red coming from dimmer is unused and still has the sticker saying not to remove.
- White from one cable is twisted to black from dimmer (orange nut on right)
- White from other cable is twisted to green from dimmer (orange nut on left)
One 14/2 cable coming into the light fixture:
- Black wire from cable attached to black wire on light fixture
- White wire from cable attached to white wire on light fixture
Thanks for any help figuring this out!